- Published: Friday, 22 December 2023 14:03
- Written by Andy Kaufman
Total Duration 50:17
In this conversation, Andy interviews Doug Lennick and Chuck Wachendorfer about their book Don't Wait for Someone Else to Fix It! They discuss the importance of managing ourselves effectively, practicing self-awareness, and mastering our behavior. They also emphasize the significance of integrity and responsibility in leadership. The conversation explores barriers to better decision-making and the importance of continuous learning. The interview concludes with insights on how parents can apply leadership lessons in their role at home.
- Managing ourselves effectively is crucial for effective leadership.
- Practicing self-awareness and using tools like the freeze game can help us make better choices.
- Integrity and responsibility are essential for leadership success.
- Emotional reflexiveness and biases can hinder decision-making.
- Continuous learning and letting go of what we know are key to personal and professional growth.
- Leadership lessons can be applied in the home to foster better relationships and decision-making.
You can learn more about Doug and Chuck and their work at Think2Perform.com.
For More on This Topic
For more on this topic, check out:
- Episode 391, with Adam Bryant on his book about making the leap to leadership
- Episode 366, with Michael Timms on his book about accountability, and
- Episode 292, with Jeffrey Scott Miller about his book on leadership.
Gift a Loved One a Head Start With Their Career
Do you know someone who is in college or maybe recently graduated?
My experience is there are a growing number of people who dread being asked the question, “So, what’s the plan?” When it comes to their career, they have no freaking idea!
I bring this up because I want you to check out our new course entitled just that: No Freaking Idea: How to Navigate Career Uncertainty. It’s a career guide for people who don’t know what they want to do, and it has been so fun to hear the feedback on the course.
Whether you are wondering about the next steps in your career or it's a son or daughter and you'd like to give them a head start as a gift, learn more by going to NoFreakingIdea.courses. Thanks!
Thank you for joining me for this episode of The People and Projects Podcast!
Talent Triangle: Power Skills
The following music was used for this episode: