PPP 334 | Beyond the Pandemic: Preparing for the Next Rogue Wave, with futurist Jonathan Brill
- Published: Tuesday, 24 August 2021 10:20
- Written by Andy Kaufman
Total Duration 31:45
Preparing for the Next Rogue Wave
we’re continuing a series of episodes on the topic of the future. It’s hard to imagine that we can be effective at leading others if we’re not forward thinking.
But after getting slammed by the COVID tsunami and subsequent recurring waves, the future can feel so unsure. So how do we prepare ourselves and our teams for the future despite the challenges of understanding it?
To help us with that, we’re joined in this episode by Jonathan Brill, author of a new book entitled Rogue Waves: Future-Proof Your Business to Survive and Profit from Radical Change. Jonathan is the former Global Futurist at HP and has led companies that have substantially improved the world in many domains. Not to mention he invented a machine that makes frozen coffee slurpees!
Learn more about Jonathan and his book at JonathanBrill.com.
- In the outtakes of the episode, Jonathan mentions an HBR article that he wrote with Dorie Clark about how to future-prep your career. You can find that article here.
- My discussion with Brian David Johnson, former Chief Futurist at Intel, can be found in episode 313
- My discussion with Deborah Westphal from Toffler Associates can be found in episode 329
- My discussion with Michael Solomon about preparing your career for the future can be found in episode 304
- My discussion with Cecily Sommers about how to think like a futurist can be found in episode 87
Join our Global LEAD52 Community
Ready to take your leadership skills to the next level? LEAD52 is your 5-minute weekly pass to leadership intelligence. You get 52 weeks of learning, delivered right to your inbox, taking less than 5 minutes a week. And it's all for free. Join us at https://GetLEAD52.com.
Thank you for joining me for this episode of The People and Projects Podcast!
Talent Triangle: Business Acumen
Back To The Future by WinnieTheMoog
It's Funky by Frank Schröter